Friday, March 11, 2011

The Final Countdown...

Two weeks until I turn off the MEP-issued pager once and for all.  At this point, life before the MEP feels like another lifetime altogether.  When I began, four years seemed so doable.  In retrospect, it seems like an eternity.  So much has changed. 

Rob and I have made jokes about how Toronto has aged us, but there is some truth to that.  While there is much excitement to be heading back to Winnipeg, there is also trepidation.  We don't really know what we are walking into.  How will the ways in which we have changed mesh with what we've left behind?  Where will we fit?  What is there for us now? 

Around midwifery... I'm so excited to be heading into a community where growth is still exciting and new midwives are celebrated and supported.  I'm thrilled to be getting involved in the midst of such positive changes.  But most of all, I look forward to feeling excited about and involved in pregnancy and birth.  I am so overworked, overwhelmed and exhausted that births blur into births and I've lost a sense of the miracle.  There is a lot of "med-wifery" in my current world and I look forward to forging and discovering my own way of practice.  I am curious to meet the midwife in me. 

Until then, I look forward to sleeping and packing for the entirety of April.  I may not have a long break ahead of me, but I plan to make the most of it! 

No comments: