Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Looking for the magic...

This year, along with the ugliness of the pre-spring melt comes the final countdown of the MEP.

I'm not yet in the clear.  I am short on numbers, and have three clients due this week alone.  Tomorrow, my preceptor comes back from a month of holidays so there will be adjustments to make.  We must never get comfortable, you know.

In the meantime, I have accepted a position in Winnipeg to start mid-May.  I am relieved to have a plan in place and terrified to imagine going on call on my own for the first time in a completely new place.  In some ways I envy the new registrants who are hired on at the practices from their final year of the MEP.  Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't.  But I am grateful to be heading back to my familiar city with its familiar foibles.

We wait wait wait wait on word about an apartment.  Our application went in over a week ago.  I am excited for the open, airy space overlooking the river and city.  I know we could transform it into our happy home for at least a couple of years.  Here's hoping they let us!

No comments: