Thursday, October 28, 2010

...ebb and flow...

It's amazing what a couple of days off, two 10-hour nights of sleep, a trip to Ikea for some organizers and shelves, and two double-doses of vitamin b can do for one's outlook on life.  

After my last post, I kidnapped Rob when he came home from work and we went out for dinner to a little thai restaurant nearby that I've been wanting to try.  We used to go for thai food about once a month back in Winnipeg; it was one of our favourite things to do.  Now we don't have the luxury of going out for dinner as much as we used to, but I think it's important to make room for things that ground us once in awhile.  Inside the cozy little red-walled  restaurant, I told him how I was feeling over rice rolls and pad thai.  He sympathized and empathized, and said he was really feeling the same way.  We made a decision to try harder to live in the present. 

Together, we spent Sunday doing things around the apartment that we just sort of were never getting around to.  With a bit of love and attention, we finally have a place that I completely love coming home to again.  Rob even re-potted the sad little plant clippings we had been neglecting in a corner, and now they are thriving all over the living room.  My anxiety has calmed.  For now, I feel better. 



 

No comments: