Tuesday, July 7, 2009

... when in Rome...

It's just time for me to do this, so here I am.

So I booked my flight to Winnipeg this morning. I almost never get phone calls, but while I was on the phone with the woman booking my flight, everyone decided to call me. The call waiting beeped the entire time, plus I got a buzz at the door from the mailman who has never buzzed before. My multitasking skills are out of practice, but I somehow got through it. And now I'm going to Winnipeg at the end of July/beginning of August for a purely social visit. So that's exciting.

I've been musing on being a prairie girl living in Toronto. I have never felt like a prairie girl before, but now, living here, I do. There are so many cars, so many people, so much to do... it's almost too much. In fact, I don't know how people do anything here at all - I mean, how do you choose? But more importantly, how do you meet people? My friend called Toronto the city that is no one's hometown. It's a good point. Most people here have come from elsewhere. So there must be other people that don't know people and would like to hang out. But it all takes so much work and energy. So, for now, no friends for us.

I received word from the office at school that my placement for the fall in Winnipeg is looking good. No confirmation yet though. That would be too certain, make life too easy. As we careen into July I'm getting a little nervous for the upcoming school year. Once it starts, that's it. No stopping til I'm all done. Is it really possible? I feel like I'll have to see it to believe it...

No comments: